300g kway teow (flat rice noodles)
200g prawns (shelled)
50g chives (cut into 3cm lengths)
1 chinese sausage (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
4 tbsp cooking oil
1-2 tbsp chilli paste
2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
a pinch of salt
a dash of pepper
1. Heat 4 tbsp oil in wok until hot, add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant. Turn up the heat and add the chilli paste (if used) and continue to fry until fragrant.
2. Add prawns, chinese sausage slices and beansprouts and fry for a while. Push all the fried ingredients to one side and add the kway teow (flat rice noodles) and stir-fry quickly for a few seconds.
3. Add seasoning, sprinkle with a little water and stir in all the fried ingredients. Push ingredients to the sides of the wok to create an empty space in the centre. Add a tbsp of oil and crack in the eggs. When the eggs start to set, cover the eggs with the noodle mixture and stir-fry evenly.
4. Finally, add the chives and stir-fry for 20 seconds before dishing up.
2 tbsp chilli paste
1/2 tsp salt
5-6 tbsp oil
1. Blend skinned shallots and mix with chilli paste.
2. Heat oil in wok and fry the chilli paste over slow fire, stirring constantly until fragrant and until the oil separates from paste. Season with a little salt.