- A must see place when visiting Melaka.
- This is one of the four main gates of the A Famosa fortress.
- It was built by the Portuguese in 1512 under the command of Alfonso de Albuquerque,
the leader of the Portuguese army that seized Malacca in 1511.
- For almost 150 years, this magnificent fort had successfully protected the Portuguese position in Melaka,
- until it was overrun by the Dutch. Much damage was done during the invasion.
- The Dutch later repaired and renamed it VOC with an embossed emblem.
- Unfortunately what's left today is only a gateway Porta de Santiago.
Attraction A Famosa consider as a one-stop destination for business and pleasure. A'Famosa offers an international championship 27-hole golf course, the Animal World Safari, Water World Theme Park, Equestrian Club, Resort Hotel, Villas, Condotel, excellent conference/banquet facilities and much more. It's one of the few resorts in this region that can truthfully claim to have 'something for everyone' regardless of age, whether you're an avid golfer, animal lover, watersports enthusiast, or just someone who enjoys a blissful, worry-free escape from the hustle and bustle of modern city living.
- Important note:-
- Water World Theme Park -close on Tuesday except public holiday
- Paint Ball
- Team Building
- Kite Flying
- Horse Ridding