1 day Melaka tour
- Dytch Square, Melaka
This Full Day Melaka City Tour is specially designed for visitors to Melaka who want to know more about Melaka’s rich history and her cultural heritage evolved over a period of more than 600 years. This tour covers the Historical Tour of Malacca while the last part of this tour covers her diverse Cultural Heritage. During the Historic City Tour, visitors will be visiting various historical places around the city.
You can begin your trip by visiting these places:
- The Dutch Square at the heart of the City, you will see The Stadthuys, Tang Beng Swee Clock Tower, Queen Victoria Fountain and the famous Christ Church. By walking across the Malacca River from the Dutch Square, you will see the long houses of Heeren Street and the antique shops at Jonker Street. A visit to the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum is recommended.Recommended visiting time 4 hours.
- After walking to the end of Heeren and Jonker Streets, you will visit Harmony Street of Melaka. Here, you can see and visit the oldest Chinese Temple in Malacca and Malaysia namely Cheng Hoon Teng Temple. Further down, you will see the Kampong Kling Mosque and the Sri Vinayagar Temple all along the same street. Recommended visiting time 2 hours.
- Then take the ferry to the St. Paul’s Hill Complex to view the Independence Memorial, Porta de Santiago commonly called A Famosa, the ruins of St. Paul’s Church where Malacca's Saint Francis Xavier was once buried and the replica of the Palace of Malacca Sultanate.
- Jonker street is more happening at night of Friday Saturday and Sunday. Its a must go for Melaka visitors.
- End your day by visiting the Portuguese Settlement where the descendents of the Portuguese still live here in Malacca and speak the ancient language of Cristao. You can buy souvenirs and have lunch at the Portuguese Square as an option where you can try the spicy hot Devil’s Curry and other famous Portuguese cuisine.
Recommended visiting time 2 hours. Enjoy the night view and the sea breeze too.
- The Full Day Malacca City Tour ends here and wish you "Selamat Jalan" .
Print your 1day Melaka tour itinerary here.